All-Source Analyst, Threat Discovery
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an All-Source Analyst to join our Threat Discovery team. The candidate will be responsible for helping Facebook learn about threats, analyze information and provide their findings to our partners for further analysis and action. This work will impact the people who use Facebook's products, and help guide the company in its responses to these threats. The candidate will work with partners across the organization and provide their analytic insights in an effort to make Facebook and users more secure through product and policy changes. The potential for impact with this work is substantial, as outcomes could affect the billions of people globally who use our products. Analysts will have the responsibility for discovering previously unknown threats and work on some of the most challenging, complicated, and high-visibility security risks facing the company and our global communities.
The perfect candidate will have a multidisciplinary analytic background, experience gathering open source intelligence and have the ability to make data-driven decisions. Successful candidates will be focused on results and are self-starters.
- Apply contextual understanding of a region of focus and relevant local cultures to provide clear insight on threats faced by people who use our services in the given locale
- Analyze information from multiple sources and clearly articulate trends and understanding that is informed by local context
- Collaborate with partner teams to solicit and refine requirements and gather feedback as part of an intelligence cycle
- Perform open source research on a variety of topics
- Ability to judge quality and relevance of information, including confidence & reliability of information sourcing
- Experience in gathering and reporting local/regional intelligence through open source, media and other methodologies
- Experience working in teams with stakeholders having backgrounds and perspectives
- Experience synthesizing sources of information into communication
- Experience influencing teams and projects without official authority
- Strategic thinker, problem solver with analytic experience, and experience drawing conclusions as well as formulate recommendations
- Experience prioritizing projects and assignments across multiple topics while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge about social media ecosystems
- SQL proficiency
- Understanding of Python scripting, but knowledge of other coding languages, allowing for fast pick-up of Python is also acceptable
- Multilingual fluency
- Adversarial mindset
- Experience in managing vendors and ensuring effective project execution
- Creative and resourceful in imagining where to find pertinent information on a given topic of priority
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top