AI Research Engineering Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook AI Research (FAIR) is dedicated to advancing the state of the art in machine intelligence. We are primarily focused on fundamental research in a range of areas including Computer Vision, Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Systems, Reinforcement Learning, Machine Translation, Robotics and Speech. FAIR is in search of talented leaders with background in research or machine learning projects. Ideal candidates have also kept their coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced research lab.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
- 5+ years coding in C++, Python, or similar languages
- Experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience working on machine learning and/or research projects
Back to top