Advertising and Privacy Counsel
(Menlo Park, CA – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly motivated, team player to serve as Advertising and Privacy Counsel. The position will work closely with the teams that build Facebook’s ad measurement products and requires application of a complex, evolving legal framework to new and innovative initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park.
- Review the products and partnerships that advertisers use to measure the effectiveness of their Facebook ad campaigns to ensure compliance with global privacy laws and regulations, industry-self-regulation, consumer protection laws, and other legal requirements
- Work with commercial legal team to negotiate agreements with advertisers, measurement partners, and publishers, including with respect to issues involving privacy and data use
- Coordinate with legal, public policy and communications colleagues on multi-disciplinary issues
- Support advertising and platform teams by reviewing and maintaining policies and educating Facebook partners on those policies.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, from either in-house at a law firm
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- Experience applying U.S. and European privacy, advertising and consumer protection laws and regulations to Internet- and mobile-based advertising platforms
- Experience working on multiple different projects at once
- Digital advertising experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top