Administrative Assistant, Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced administrative assistant to join our growing team. The right person will be able to manage a heavy workload efficiently while supporting an Engineering Director, a team of 60+ and have a great ability to forge excellent relationships with co-workers across the globe. Being able to cope in an incredibly fast paced environment with a variety of personalities is essential as is being able to adapt to Facebook's working culture with its many different methods of internal communication. We are seeking someone who is organised, passionate about Facebook's mission, and willing to get stuck in and embrace the social aspect of the role. This is a full-time position based in London.
- Providing a high level of administrative and operational support to Engineering Director and team
- Schedule all internal and external meetings across different time zones, while making decisions on priorities and importance of the meeting requests
- Managing all aspects of international travel and agendas for team meetings
- Create and submit accurate expense reports on a timely basis
- Manage the team socials logistics including room set up, equipment, meals, etc
- Coordinate Faceversaries/Birthdays celebrations
- Space planning and desk moves. Work with Facilities to ensure smooth transition for team relocating
- Managing and welcoming visitors from global offices and providing an ad hoc support if required
- Ensure email groups, aliases, and administrative systems are maintained and current
- Arranging and managing creative off-sites and Happy Hours, being at the forefront of exciting new happenings in London
- PO management. Raise POs in line with procurement policy and review invoices for accuracy prior approving
- Coordinate set up of new vendors
- Track & pro-actively post in internal groups, manage agendas for multiple team meetings
- Partner and collaborate effectively with the other admins in the wider Ads org
- Collaborates with the Eng Admins team to help plan or work on various LON Site events (Happy Hours, Summer Party, Hackathon, EMEA Tech Summit, Holiday Party, Game Day, etc)
- Opportunity to drive/ partner on wider projects and initiatives that are important to the org i.e. culture building, recruiting, increasing team visibility across Facebook globally.
- At least 4+ years of full-time, recent administrative experience directly supporting 1 or more Director level
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong calendar management and travel coordination skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience organising small and large off-site events
- Ability to hit the ground running and take charge of the position
- Experience with scaling space management and planning to accommodate regular growth amongst teams
- Be self-directed and take initiative
- Constantly searching for new and exciting ways to strengthen team programs and improve current processes
- Must be flexible and able to quickly react to last minute changes
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organisation and build successful relationships
- Passionate about Facebook and thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Outlook
- BA/BS preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top