Acoustic Research Engineer
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research is looking to recruit a world-class acoustic engineer to join our team in a brand new state-of-the-art facility in Redmond, WA. This full time position is geared toward a rigorously trained experimentalist interested in solving difficult problems in the area of acoustics, auditory perception, spatial audio and signal processing. The successful candidate must have extensive hands-on experience in the design, implementation, and validation of complex acoustic measurements. Strong programming skill set in MATLAB or C++ is required. M.S. or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Rigorous experimental design and execution in an ultra low noise anechoic chamber. Custom software development for instrumentation, data acquisition and analysis.
- Engineering, calibration, debugging, evaluation, and acceptance testing of electro-acoustic and audio processing equipment including microphones, earphones, headsets, speakers, and audio distribution system.
- Resident expert in experimental acoustic measurement supporting research in spatial audio, room acoustics, microphone arrays and signal processing.
- Application of system level understanding and deep expertise in the complete audio/acoustic signal processing chain — loudspeakers, microphones, spectrum analyzers, audio converters, amplifiers, measurement systems, analog and digital signal processing.
- 5+ years of experience in use of industry standard lab equipment for audio electronics and electroacoustic measurement.
- 5+ years of experience in calibration, debugging, validation and optimization of audio electronics systems.
- Knowledgeable in audio software systems for control and data collection from audio hardware.
- Understanding of DSP systems, signal processing algorithms, DSP frameworks, DSP integration, peripherals and analog circuits.
- 5+ years of experience in instrument control, real-time or audio programming in C++ and MATLAB.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top