Acoustic Research Engineer (AR)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research is looking for an exceptional Acoustic Research Engineer to join our growing team in the state-of-the-art research facility in Redmond, WA. This fulltime position is well suited for someone with a strong interest in advancing the boundaries of VR and AR audio technology (hardware + software + perception). Our interdisciplinary team is working to solve difficult problems at the intersection of acoustics, mechanical design, auditory perception, spatial audio and signal processing. The successful candidate must have hands-on experience in the design of new acoustic devices, as well as, strong programming and laboratory skills. Masters or Ph.D. in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar is preferred.
- Design, test, and measurement of acoustic devices and prototypes, basic mechanical design, use and understanding of acoustic transducers
- Implementing software to drive real-time audio prototypes
- Systems level understanding in the complete audio processing chain including transducers, amplifiers, real-time signal processing, low power audio ICs
- Understand and stay up to date on the latest research literature in audio
- Understand and exploit the principles of auditory perception.
- 3+ years of experience in use of industry standard lab equipment for audio electronics and electroacoustic measurement
- 3+ years of experience in calibration, debugging, validation and optimization of audio electronics systems
- Knowledge in audio systems
- 3+ years of experience in real-time audio
- Candidates with experience in the design and execution of psychoacoustic experiments.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top