Accounting Manager, Infrastructure (Singapore)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an Infrastructure Accounting Manager to join the Finance team in Singapore. The company is in a period of exceptional growth and we want people to join us who are ready for the challenge of helping us build and scale. This is a great role for anyone looking to accelerate their learning, build new things and enjoy the Facebook culture. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with cross functional teams, provide accounting and process guidance for decision making, as well as being able to manage a significant portion of Facebookâ€™s infrastructure investment on our balance sheet. You need to recognize how to strike a balance on getting the details right while still moving fast enough to support the rapid business growth. The candidate must be a highly driven, high energy, focused individual that can work well with internal and external partners at all levels.
- Responsibility for overseeing all aspects of international financial and reporting functions for a number of infrastructure accounting processes
- Own multiple balance sheet accounts and the corresponding sub-ledger for varying level of complexity and materiality.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Infrastructure Business
- Partners in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate and present the accounting conclusions to the team and partners
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Assist and inform processes for the preparation of Corporation tax, VAT returns and Statutory Financial Statements
- Understand how systems work together to drive improvements and automation where possible
- Provide support to finance management and other cross functional partners as needed. This includes ad hoc financial analysis, technical analysis and special projects
- Excellent team player who is adept at working as part of a larger team located in different locations
- Recognized accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- 5+ years relevant industry experience with large, fast-growing, multi-national company
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and lFRS
- Related industry experiences a plus
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel (experience with Oracle ERP is very desirable)
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the 'big pictureâ€
- Proven record of process improvement
- Flexible and enthusiastic, with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Back to top