Facebook is seeking to fill a full-time Accounting Analyst position at our Austin, TX Financial Operations Center to join the General Accounting Team. In this specific role, you will join a team to perform accounting transactions and processes for our North America region to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal policies. Responsibilities will include month-end close and fulfillment of internal and external audit requests. The successful candidate will play an integral role of ensuring accurate financial reporting and presentation. The candidate will report to the Accounting Manager located in our Austin, TX office.
ACCOUNTING ANALYST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute various financial transactions in Oracle sub and general ledgers
- Prepare manual journal entries and analysis in support of month end close for review by the management team
- Perform account reconciliations, investigate and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis
- Draft various account analysis and reporting package under the instructions and supervision of the accounting manager
- Fulfill internal and external audit requests
- Help improve business processes and automate reporting to help the business scale for future growth
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all pertinent Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") documentation and requirements
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate, e.g. data collection, compilation, reporting and process automation and presentation
- Organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant experience in accounting profession
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the "big picture"
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in planning, analytical, and presentation skills
- Experience identifying problematic areas and determine root cause
- Computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Big 4 audit experience and CPA
- Experience with Oracle Financials, SAP or ERP system
- Experience with Hyperion
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Fixed Assets Accounting
- Experience streamlining processes
- Business partnering experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top