(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The People Compliance team provides innovative global HR compliance solutions while driving business value through risk mitigation, proactive program design, and strategic partnerships. As part of that team, the Accommodations Specialist will play a pivotal role in supporting candidates and employees with disabilities/health conditions on a daily basis while also consulting with cross-functional partners on reasonable accommodations and related issues. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative as well as the ability to think critically and prioritize while maintaining a high-level of confidentiality in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide support to employee and internal stakeholder inquiries around the reasonable accommodations processes, policy, and issues.
- Consult on accommodation program, options and relevant ADA, disability, and leave knowledge as well as risk mitigation while working with cross-functional partners and employees.
- Oversee lower tier and escalated matters while performing end-to-end case management through implementation, tracking of accommodation transitions, and follow-up within the accommodations related tool.
- Conduct interactive communications with appropriate medical providers to seek clarity for issue resolution and follow-up of certified limitations.
- Utilize medical information to assist with identifying and implementing reasonable accommodations through the interactive process.
- Act as liaison between business lines, outsourced LOA vendors and internal partners, assessing needs in areas such as employee limitations.
- Participate in internal investigations related to accommodation claims.
- Produce and analyze reports and metrics, including ad hoc reports concerning accommodation trends.
- Maintain a commitment to our service level agreements (SLAs) around responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- 3+ years of accommodations specific case management experience, working directly with employees and cross-functional partners on end-to-end solutions
- Experience in HR generalist, employee relations or business partner role.
- Knowledge of Federal and State disability laws regarding access for employees with disabilities, specifically ADA/ADAA and FMLA.
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others while working cross-functionally.
- Excel skills including the ability to create pivot reports, v-lookups, and charts/graphs.
- Ability to work independently and require little instruction on the day-to-day work
- Attention to detail and organization with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Salesforce or Workday (or similar ATS/HRIS systems).
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources.
- HR or Disability Management certification.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top