Access Network Program Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for an Access Network Program Manager to help us execute on our vision of connecting the world. You will work closely with network operators, industry stakeholders and internal product and technology teams to develop programs to use new business models, tech, processes and tools to extend the reach and accelerate the expansion of wireless broadband networks in emerging markets.
- Develop program and project strategies for using innovative access network technology, business models and approaches to extend the reach and accelerate the expansion of broadband wireless networks to connect the under-connected.
- Assess wireless network operator and infrastructure provider industry landscape, trends, business drivers/incentives, constraints, ways of doing business, and requirements.
- Work closely with wireless network operators, infrastructure providers and FB regional managers to develop new projects/ventures to deploy broadband wireless infrastructure from pilots to scale networks.
- Create business plans/build financial models and work closely with internal cross-functional teams to gain buy-in, support and approval for new projects/ventures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, define and execute on connectivity goals across a portfolio of projects and activities including market research, data analysis/network planning, product development, technology pilots and network deployments.
- Partner with FB product management to help define market requirements, value propositions, positioning and go-to-market for access tech products and tools to meet partner network and deployment needs.
- Work closely with regional managers and business development teams to structure and negotiate agreements with network operators to deploy new tech and network infrastructure from pilots to scale networks.
- Team up with partners and FB regional, program, and project managers to ensure projects are delivered and connectivity goals are realized against aggressive timelines.
- Ability to travel up to 25-30%. International travel.
- 10+ years of experience developing and executing wireless network infrastructure strategies, solutions and/or deployment plans.
- Knowledge of wireless access industry, business, technology (2G/3G/4G/5G), regulatory environment and current challenges and opportunities.
- Experience structuring and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience developing, structuring and executing go-to-market programs with partners for network tech and infrastructure.
- Communication, interpersonal and collaboration experience.
- BA/BS or higher in an Engineering field or equivalent degree/experience
Back to top