Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an abuse investigator/analyst for our internal investigations, ideal for someone with a computer forensic investigations background, a passion for criminology, and problem-solving skills. The investigator will work side by side our eCrime, Legal, and Human Resources teams. This is a unique opportunity to protect the data and privacy of our company, employees, and community by detecting, investigating, and mitigating internal abuse. Ideal candidates will be well organised, have strong communication skills, demonstrate sound judgment, and be confident working independently with direction from Security management. This is a full-time position based in our Dublin Office.
- Review and escalate alerts of potentially suspicious tools and data use, including anomalous activity.
- Conduct internal investigations with objectivity, empathy, respect, and discretion.
- Participate in an on-call schedule, responding to ad hoc requests and surfacing areas of operational improvements.
- Summarise and present information from investigations and reports to internal teams.
- Identify and consult on the design of countermeasures to stop abuse.
- Gather and synthesise relevant data, suggesting updates to tools, processes, and techniques to help scale the team.
- Interface with outside partners such as legal, law enforcement, and industry when appropriate.
- BA/BS degree or higher.
- 2+ years of experience in computer forensic investigations or similar.
- Working knowledge of a variety of Internet research tools.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources and work with large data sets.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with an enthusiasm for learning new things.
- Strong initiative, taking on tasks without prompting.
- Proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capacity to work in stressful situations with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Accomplished team player who is highly collaborative.
- Ability and inclination to protect highly confidential information.
- Experience conducting independent and thorough examination and analysis.
- Mission-driven, extremely reliable, hard-working.
- Passionate about information security and the subject of anti-abuse work.
- Broad understanding of global conflicts/issues.
- Ability to analyse raw data from different sources and build a timeline of activity.
- Working knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux operating systems.
- Proven experience using forensic investigation tools (e.g. eDiscovery, EnCase, EnScript).
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top