3d Generalist (Oculus)
(London, United Kingdom)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Join a team of designers who are passionate about creating a cutting edge VR experience and establishing Oculus as an industry leader. As a 3D Generalist, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conceptualizing the next generation of the VR platform to designing incremental features and implement amazing environments for our first-party virtual reality apps. You'll be responsible for creating 3D environments for both prototyping and for future iterations of the product.
- Build assets including environments, characters and props.
- Execute a wider range of tasks including planning, look development, modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, performance optimization and engine integration
- Synthesize broad, ambiguous business goals and work with the Product design team to create environments for VR.
- Be able to take creative direction and translate it into your design concepts.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers, content strategist & QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Quickly solve issues with your cross functional leads
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- 5+ years of professional experience working on AAA game titles or equivalent film projects
- 5+ years of professional experience working with Maya / Modo / Max / Cinema 4D plus Z-Brush
- Experience implementing assets in real-time engines, such as Unity or Unreal
- Ability to build and optimize assets between PC (Rift) and mobile systems (Gear VR) while maintaining visual fidelity
- Responsible for maintaining assets from creation to shipping.
- Ability to collaborate and iterate quickly based on the team's needs.
- 2D Art skills for creating environment concept art
- Technical art skills
- VFX experience
- Prior virtual reality experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top