3D Artist, Facebook Reality Labs
- Woodinville, WA
As 3D Artist on the Design team at Facebook Reality Labs, you'll work with world-class scientists, designers, and engineers developing breakthrough technologies necessary for virtual, mixed, and augmented reality. You will craft environments, characters, and assets for immersive worlds in virtual reality to be used in user research studies, technology demos, and proof of concept prototypes.
- Sketch concepts and storyboards for environments and user scenarios
- Model 3D environments, characters, and other assets
- Optimize assets for low-poly real-time rendering
- Rig and animate characters
- Model hard surfaces, textures, and lighting effects
- Create and edit demo videos of animations and environment fly-throughs
- Communication skills and experience working in a highly collaborative, ambiguous environment
- Sketching and illustration skills
- Knowledge of 3D modeling tools such as Maya, Blender, Houdini, Cinema4D, Rhino, etc.
- Experience with Unity 3D or Unreal
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Bachelor's degree, or 3+ years of work experience in a design or related design field
- Knowledge in architecture and interior design is helpful
- Experience creating motion graphics is preferred
- Experience with video editing and videography is preferred
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top