2020 Hardware Systems Engineer Intern
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Validation Intern to join our Release to Production Engineering team in Dublin. Come learn about our cutting edge power and hardware architecture, which has one of the most efficient infrastructures in the industry. Our servers and datacenters are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. You will also find out what a large scale of server fleet needs on tooling as well as how we build and verify!
2020 HARDWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture
- Drive hardware optimizations by creating hardware, thermal, and mechanical test plans for server hardware
- Execute tests according to plan, while keeping a thorough procedural record and data log
- Create automated test infrastructure, through the use of scripted languages and remotely controlled test equipment
- Develop and publish test plans, reports and communicate findings to team members
- Diagnose and root cause hardware and system failures
- Pursuing a degree in electrical or computer engineering, or related field.
- Familiar with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, high speed probes, logic analyzers, power meters, data acquisition systems, air flow chambers
- Coding experience with Python, Ruby, C++, Java, and/or PHP
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience in hacking, prototyping and/or overclocking
- Familiar with latest server and CPU architecture and system-level components
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- 2020 Production Engineer Intern
- 2020 Production Network Engineer Intern
- 3D Art Intern, Facebook Reality Labs
- Enterprise Database Engineer Intern
- Product Design Prototyper Intern AR/VR
London, United Kingdom
- UX Researcher Intern, Privacy & Data Use
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top