Senior Software Engineer - Payments & Logistics
FabFitFun is looking for an extremely talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to be part of our core back-end team. You will solve business critical problems related to payments and logistics. You will quickly understand, simplify and optimize processes. Efficiency and scalability are key!
We are a subscription e-commerce company with lots of moving parts. You will be flexible and pragmatic, you will choose the right solution for the problem. You know how to prioritize your time and effort and have a strong sense of responsibility.
You are comfortable taking the lead on projects, filling in loosely defined stories and requirements, and also good at being the side-kick and supporting your teammates. You are accountable for your code and your features and you are not afraid to ask questions to define the problem and solution.
You are intellectually curious about everything, and technology-wise, you keep up with the trends. No job is too big or too small for you , and you communicate well to let others know what the scope is like.
What You'll Do:
- Create rules engines and DSLs so that business rules can be easily adjusted by people outside the engineering team
- Create an efficient, scalable, and automated architecture to handle recurring billing, shipping rules and other logistics
- Design and develop clean, maintainable, and performant software
- Be an accountable teammate who leads by example
What You'll Bring:
- Experience building Rules Engines and DSLs
- 5+ years of experience creating object-oriented web services and applications (Java, C#, C++, Scala or Python)
- Strong understanding of software architecture, Linux systems, design patterns and relational databases
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Test-driven development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Go or Node.js
- Experience with payments or billing systems
- Relevant e-commerce experience
- Experience with subscription businesses
What You'll Get:
- Full health-care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- Competitive medical coverage for dependents
- Catered lunch 2x/week
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Generous vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office
- 12 weeks’ paid parental leave
- Free FabFitFun subscription
- Paid parking
- Fun and friendly culture
Meet Some of FabFitFun's Employees
Brian makes data comprehensible for all of FabFitFun—collecting and interpreting data to assist the company in decision-making processes.
Back to top