Senior Java Engineer
FabFitFun inspires happiness through personal growth and discovery. Join us. Be Happy.
FabFitFun is seeking a highly experienced Senior Java Engineer to join our core back-end team. This engineer will have the opportunity to mentor our less experienced engineers and work on complex technical problems.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with product managers, architects, and engineering to effectively design and develop our backend platforms.
- Help define development standards, procedures, and guidelines to improve the overall development process.
- Design and develop clean, maintainable, and performant software.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
What You'll Bring:
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language concepts, Java EE, SQL, and NoSQL
- 5+ years of experience creating scalable object-oriented RESTful web services and applications in Java
- Strong understanding of software architecture, Linux systems, design patterns and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of AWS Lambda, serverless architectures, and microservices
- Familiarity working in test-driven development and Agile environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with payments or billing systems, any knowledge of Killbill.io is a HUGE plus!
- Relevant e-commerce and/or subscription experience
What You'll Get:
- Opportunity to build experiences across all of our digital platforms
- Full health-care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage, competitive medical coverage for dependents
- Catered lunch 3x/week, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Employee perks including generous vacation policy, dog-friendly office, free FabFitFun subscription and paid parking!
- 12 weeks’ paid parental leave
- Fun and friendly culture
Meet Some of FabFitFun's Employees
Brian makes data comprehensible for all of FabFitFun—collecting and interpreting data to assist the company in decision-making processes.
Back to top