Test Engineer (System Tests)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This new position is responsible for translating complex functionality into detailed test cases, planning and execution of tests to maintain high quality standards for F5 products. Furthermore, the role holder will develop and extend our test automation infrastructure.
- Create, maintain and execute test plans and test cases for product releases
- Assist in resolution of product issues
- Automate functional test cases using existing automation framework (primarily in Python)
- Isolate defects effectively and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Troubleshoot and reproduce customer issues, automate common bugs found by a customer in test regression suites
- Work with other testers, developers or professional services engineers to qualify and reproduce problems
- Ideally 3+ years of professional experience in testing and test design, preferably in a Linux environment
- BS/MS degree in computer science, software engineering or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack of protocols
- UNIX experience
- Test automation experience is desirable, preferably in Python (Python training can be provided)
- Able to read, write and speak English well, including technical concepts and terminology
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate via video conference, telephone, IM and read printed material
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled to Product Development needs. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends and/or holidays when needed
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top