Test Engineer, BIG-IP® Application Security Module
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
As a result of continued global growth, we are extending our QA organization in EMEA Product Development Centre in Warsaw.
The TEIII is responsible for functional and integration testing of the BIG-IP® Application Security Module and Anti-Fraud Module. This includes creating test plans and automation for large projects based on product documentation and functional specifications. Work will be mainly on maintain of our complex linux based test system – executing tests, debug results, analyzed and report issues ,rewrite and write scripts for the system, involving deep understanding of the product and networking environment,
using various software test tools.
The person in this role executes in tight collaboration with Dev team and WAF QA organization across multiple geographic sites.
The person in this role will need to be an excellent communicator and will regularly collaborate with individual contributors, leads and managers in Product Development. TEs build relationships with team members, and accept ownership to drive features and bugs until a resolution is delivered.
Attractions of the Job:
You will be working as part of a team focused on the rapidly expanding BIG-IP Application Security Module and Anti-Fraud Module. Our engineers test Web Application Firewall (WAF) technology many top companies deploy across the globe in a variety of industries, on infrastructure that is vital to their operational function. There are many opportunities to specialize in F5's diverse range of solutions and to become Subject Matter Experts in multiple fields. This role opens the door to additional career choices within F5 and beyond. The BIG-IP product, cloud, scripting and testing skills, combined with the high level of technical expertise in this role, teaches a TE skills that makes them in high demand in F5 and in the industry.
- Testing leading edge HTTP based Security features of the F5 Web Application Firewall product such as: anti-fraud detection, malware mitigation, Brute Force Attack mitigation, DOS Protection, Cross Site Reference Forgery, IP intelligence, Policy Enforcement, Device fingerprinting, Captcha features, the ASM GUI and analytic monitoring tools, etc. Use tools to pass traffic across the network.
- Validating proper policy enforcement, switching / routing / packet transformation / TCP connections, and HTTP transactions are occurring;
- Troubleshooting problems which might be occurring in the: Physical network hardware; or possibly, in an external client, server, or network device.
- Working with other testers, developers, or professional services engineers to qualify and reproduce a problem.
- Accurately identifying, documenting and driving resolution of product defects.
- Works both independently and with senior engineers to understand product requirements, architecture and new feature designs
- Plan, implement and review tests and infrastructure that provide feature coverage
- Develop and maintain testing that is thorough and extendable
- Participate actively in test review process and developing plans
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues
- Works affectively to deliver on planned and committed schedules
- Performs additional projects as required
- System testing of a complex security product.
- Automated testbed operation and maintenance.
- Scripts debugging and writing.
- Implement new product features in lab environment.
Research and apply new technologies to enhance testbed capabilities.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands on technical experience with and very knowledgeable on Network protocols, UNIX or Linux Operating systems, and/or networking hardware required (e.g. VLAN - setup and implementation, switch configuration).
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model required.
- Knowledge of application layer protocols (e.g. HTTP, SSL) preferred.
- Understanding of Web security threats – Advantage.
- Self-Motivated and Organized to work independently
- Previous experience testing security products is preferred.
- A network security background desirable.
- Proven track record in a team environment; able to collaborate well with teams of diverse individuals across multiple geographic sites
- Analytical thinker with a strong attention to details
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology
- Experience with Perforce or other source control management tools preferred
- Experience as DevOps operator – Advantage.
- Basic scripting (Bash/Python/other) – Must.
- Data Center management experience, preferably web server farm – Advantage.
- Experience in QA position – Advantage.
- Ability to get down to the nuts and bolts of new technologies.
- Adapt to dynamic environment with fast switching tasks.
- 2+ years professional experience in the testing and/or development of computer software, in Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience in testing fundamentals. Writing test cases, creating test plans, owning defects from beginning to end, and test case automation
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams preferred
- Devops experience preferred
- BA/ BS degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in writing scripts
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top