Test Engineer - BIG-IP Access Policy Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Test Engineer - BIG-IP® Access Policy Manager
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
As a result of continued global growth, we are establishing an F5 APM Clients test team at EMEA Product Development Centre in Warsaw.
The TE III is responsible for executing compatibility and regression testing of the BIG-IP® Access Policy Manager. This includes creating test plans and automation for large projects based on product documentation and functional specifications. Work will be done creating, documenting, and using test cases, software test tools, and test automation; executing tests; documenting test results; and validating that issues are fixed. The TE III validates that our products perform as defined in the requirement documents. TE IIIs are assigned multiple feature areas and will regularly work with team members in geographically dispersed locations. Collaborates with Senior internal personnel in areas of expertise. TE IIIs build relationships with team members, and accept ownership in assigned areas.
Attractions of the Job
You will be working as part of a team focused on the rapidly expanding BIG-IP Access Policy Manager and its client applications. Our engineers test technology many top companies deploy across the globe in a variety of industries, on infrastructure that is vital to their operational function. There are many opportunities to specialize in F5's diverse range of solutions and to become Subject Matter Experts in multiple fields. This role opens the door to additional career choices within F5 and beyond. The BIG-IP product, cloud, scripting and testing skills, combined with the high level of technical expertise in this role, teaches a TE skills that makes them in high demand in F5 and in the industry.
- Design, develop and maintain test plans for compatibility and regression testing with third party products: operating systems, browsers, web application and backend servers, software libraries and APIs.
- Execute tests, report and verify defects. Work with other test engineers, developers, or professional services engineers to qualify and reproduce problems.
- Collect, analyze and communicate test results, analyze and report risks.
- Work with the development team to help isolate defects, improve engineering documentation and enhance product quality.
- Implement and maintain test infrastructure.
- May serve as source of technical expertise or a mentor for lower level staff members.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in white box and black box testing methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model required.
- Knowledge of application layer protocols (e.g. HTTP, SSL) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with several of following areas required:
- UNIX or Linux operating systems,
- Desktop OS's (Windows, OS X, Linux) and browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari);
- Mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Chrome OS) and/or Mobile Device Management solutions;
- Basic test automation experience is a plus. Familiarity with Robot framework, Python or other scripting languages.
- Some knowledge of the common hypervisors (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V) preferred.
- Good analytic and troubleshooting skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Professional experience in the testing and/or development of computer software, preferably in the Linux environment;
- Demonstrated experience in testing fundamentals. Writing test cases, creating test plans, owning defects from beginning to end, and test case automation;
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams preferred;
- Product Development experience preferred;
- BA/ BS degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience required. MS degree preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate via video conference, telephone, IM, and read printed material
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled to Product Development needs. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/ or holidays when needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top