Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
The Test Engineer (TE) is responsible for planning and tracking the functional, integration and system testing of the BIG-IP® Application Security Module. This includes creating test plans and automation for large projects based on product documentation and functional specifications. Work will be done creating, documenting, and using software test tools, test automation, and test cases; executing tests; documenting test results; and validating that issues are fixed. The TE leads by establishing test strategies and plans to validate that our products perform as defined in the requirement documents. The person in this role coordinates project timelines with Test and Development Managers across multiple geographic sites. In conjunction with the management team the TE determines needed resources, assigns work, monitors progress and results, and provides technical leadership. This role is a champion for product quality within the team and is accountable for an assessment of product readiness and commitments on product delivery schedules. This includes team leadership and mentoring.
As the team grows this position will assist with interviewing, hiring and mentoring of new team members. The person in this role will need to be an excellent communicator and will regularly collaborate with individual contributors, leads and managers in Product Development. TEs build relationships with team members and accept ownership to drive features and bugs until a resolution is delivered.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Working independently and in close cooperation with team members, developers and architects to understand desired design and implementation aspects.
- Perform functional and browser compatibility testing of the product, rapidly adjusting environment and testing techniques to product changes and arising security and technological challenges.
- Constantly enrich their own and other's knowledge and understanding of security threats, WEB applications trends.
- Troubleshooting complex bug scenarios, actively assisting DEV team to analyze and resolve various product issues.
- Implement and maintain automated tests using existing framework
- Participate actively in test review process, developing plans, incorporating feedback along with reviewing test plans submitted by other team members
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues
- Works affectively to deliver on planned and committed schedules, through holistic ownership over assigned product areas and projects.
- Execute on additional projects as required.
- Advertise team tasks and projects within agreed timeline to manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong networking experience with application protocols, especially HTTP/HTTPS
- Solid experience in WEB Applications development and testing , Client and Server sides
- CI/CD and Agile software development experience
- DevOps hands on experience for Cloud services (AWS/Google/private), deployment and management
- Knowledge and experience in IT and Data Center technologies, including various virtualization solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating system
- Solid experience in QA methodologies and Web Applications testing cycles
- Web server farm administration experience
- Solid script coding experience (Bash, Python, Perl, JS)
- Knowledge in WEB security threats and execution techniques
- Experience with public/private cloud based products development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details and punctuality
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top