Territory Account Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Highly motivated self-starter responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals and for the overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country. All sales are made through channel partners. Leverage and partner with Channel Partner Account Executives on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts. Must effectively sell F5's products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. This is typically an individual contributor role. This is a quota carrying role.
- Develop relationships and leverage channel. Including account planning and lead generation with channel partners; building relationships and developing opportunities with channel partners by effectively communicating and demonstrating F5 solutions. This also involves training channel partners on the F5 story and Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner. Including: developing technical presentations and workshops
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and effectively communicate F5's technical value added solutions to meet those needs. Including: researching and developing lists of potential customers; identifying and qualifying business opportunities, making regular sales calls to develop relationships and following-up on sales leads
- Prepare formal proposals and present to all levels of the organization including executive level
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision making process, overcome obstacles to closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating territory strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, channel manager)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process and ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Create and update annual account plans, determine market strategies and goals for each product and service
- Responsible for territory planning through research, development and maintenance of long and short range sales and marketing plans
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in territory, to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Provide regular updates to manager concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Champions significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and initiative
- Influence at senior levels within account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Typically, a number of years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Requires specialized knowledge in Security, Cloud and Networking Solutions, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- First class solution selling and presentation abilities
- Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material. Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top