Technical Training Developer I
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Do you love learning about new technology and video production? We are looking for an excellent teammate who is passionate about researching new technologies and applying that knowledge toward the development and maintenance of our customer-facing training curriculum.
Why is this job awesome?
This role offers you the advantage to work in a highly technical environment, collaborating with other training developers to design compelling technical training courses. It is an opportunity to assist other technical employees in honing their technical expertise to meet client demands and showcase effective use of F5 Networks solutions.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you want to leverage your instructional design and video production skills, deepen your technical knowledge, and work with a broad spectrum of internal subject matter experts - from support teams to consulting services - to create focused technical training content.
Look What You'll Do:
Do you love forging and rejuvenating technical training courses for customers?
- You will collaborate in the creation, reviewing, and testing of new technical training content with various forms of delivery - instructor-led, web-based and video.
- Ability to author web-based micro-modules for just-in-time learning.
- Handle multiple training development related projects, defining project scope and milestones, and tracking and reporting status. Refresh and review technical product training course content and labs.
- Coordinate testing and evaluation of materials to ensure technical accuracy.
Perform needs and audience analysis to establish the appropriate delivery methodology and to create a tailored design document.
- Schedule and coordinate beta-teach activities and have the opportunity to teach alongside a technical trainer.
Does partnering with knowledgeable unique minds excite you?
You will engage with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) who are assisting in the development of technical product training. You get the chance to coordinate and facilitate SME resources, and collaborate working sessions to complete content development within schedule timelines.
Partner with your coworkers to resolve course development issues.
Responsible for auditing and delivering technical product training.
Pull together Train-the-Trainer activities for updated content to ensure the trainers are prepared to deliver the course material. Opportunity to deliver portions of the trainings periodically to internal/customer audiences. Additionally, you will perform other related duties as assigned.
Your talent toolbox will include:
- Technical experience in TCP/IP networking and/or with the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with video pre-production and production tools and techniques.
- Project management skills are ideal for collaborating with engineers, technical writers, and editors to ensure that timelines are met. Completion of formal training in adult education or instructional design methods
- Knowledge and experience in the application of training materials to various delivery modes, including instructor-led training, hands-on lab development, remote training delivery, web- based training, and micro-module training. Proficient with MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and rapid authoring tools, such as Articulate, Camtasia, etc.
This is how you qualify for the position:
- Bring a minimum of 2 years of experience in instructional design / technical content development.
- Have 2 years of video production experience is preferred.
- Have 1 years of training delivery experience a plus.
- Experience in the computer networking industry is a plus.
- A degree in engineering, computer science, internetworking technology, education, or technical training development or related field is preferred
- Sometimes, we might need you to be on call and have you work outside our normal hours (evenings and weekends).
- You might even need to travel by car or through the air, approximately 5% of the time.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top