Technical Training Developer
- Guadalajara, Mexico
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
If you love learning about new technology and sharing knowledge with others then this challenge is for you. We are looking for an excellent teammate who is passionate about researching new technologies and applying that knowledge toward the development and maintenance of our training curriculum.
This opportunity is located in Guadalajara, Mexico! Please make sure to submit an English version of your resume/CV. Thank you!
Why is this job awesome?
We offer you the advantage of working in a highly technical environment and collaborating with other training developers to design compelling technical training courses. It is an opportunity to assist others in honing their technical expertise and showcase effective use of our solutions.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you want to demonstrate your instructional design and video production skills, deepen your technical knowledge, and work with a broad spectrum of internal domain experts - from support teams to consulting services - to build focused technical training content.
Look What You'll Do
- Forge and rejuvenate technical training courses for external and internal customers. Partner with knowledgeable outstanding minds.
- Collaborate in the creation, reviewing, and testing of new technical training content with various forms of delivery - instructor-led, web-based, and video.
- Author web-based micro-modules and videos for just-in-time learning.
- Review and update technical product training course content and labs.
- Coordinate testing and evaluation of materials to ensure technical accuracy.
- You will engage with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) who are assisting in the development and review of technical training. You get the chance to facilitate SME resources, collaborate in working sessions to develop and improve training materials within scheduled timelines, and partner with your coworkers to resolve course development issues.
- You'll partner with the training delivery teams and coordinate Train-the-Trainer activities for updated training content to ensure the trainers are prepared to deliver the course material. You will have the opportunity to deliver portions of the training periodically to internal/customer audiences.
Your talent toolbox will include:
- Show us your strong interpersonal skills and your ability to read, write and speak English fluently, with the aptitude to successfully deliver and communicate complex technical training to an internal/external audience
- Experience applying adult learning principles to build engaging and effective technical training. Formal training in adult education, instructional design is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and rapid authoring tools, such as Articulate, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience with video pre-production and production tools and techniques.
- Hands-on technical experience in TCP/IP networking and/or with the HTTP protocol.
- Some project management skills, which are ideal for collaborating with engineers, technical writers, and editors to ensure that timelines are met.
This is how you qualify for the position:
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, internetworking technology, education, or technical training development or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in instructional design / technical content development.
- Experience in video production and computer networking is preferred.
- Training delivery experience a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top