Technical Project Manager, CSM
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come help us define process and strive to change Digital Transformation.
As a Technical Project Manager, CSM you will be responsible for owning and driving scrum processes and ceremonies. You will act as guardian, coach, mentor, guide and teacher for your team(s). You will function in a servant leadership fashion, listening to, persuading and assisting the team as they conceptualize and execute on product features and stories. You will act as a mediator for the Scrum team members in disputes and resolving impediments and will be responsible for maintaining and improving the wellbeing of the team.
One of the main goals is to create intensely high functioning teams and members who are excited for each new day and each new challenge. You are responsible to the business by helping to create and maintain processes which facilitate team member growth and by crafting process to achieve continuous improvement. You own adherence by the team to the Definition of Done and support the team by making sure they understand how to apply that definition as they execute their work. As Technical Project Manager, CSM you are responsible for training the team in Agile and Scrum practices. You are the go-to person for all things Agile, Scrum, and process. You set and orchestrate team meetings, ensure the team has the tools to do their job, and work with Product Owner and other Scrum teams to make sure that blocking issues are resolved.
What will you do?
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Manage sprint backlog
- Protect development team from outside distractions
- Train and mentor team on Scrum and Agile methods and practices
- Practice servant leadership in dealings with Scrum team
- Mediate and resolve disputes and issues both intra and inter team
- Interact with stakeholders, Project Owner and Product Owner
- Work tirelessly to improve process
- Remove any impediments or roadblocks for the team
- Ask good questions to help clarify team goals and provide actions to help team members get unblocked
- Through processes improvement (empirical process) improve efficiency of the development team
- Collaborate with peers, managers and team members across the organization to solve problems, develop plans and coordinate work;
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of PPM tool administration, configurations, updates, change management
- Run and own financials systems for projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executive
- Domain knowledge and experience with REST services, Cloud, DevOps models
- Ability and knowledge with respect to transitioning from waterfall to Agile
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program;
- Ability to manage and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals;
- Ability to build effective relationships with engineering leaders
- Able to apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions, build resource forecasts or manage risk;
- Expertise in the use of standard tools for project and portfolio management such as Jira, MS Project/MS Project Server;
- Duties may require being "on call" periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane;
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, BSEE or a related discipline
- 5+ years of project management experience leading complex projects and teams
- SCRUM Master Certification Preferred.
It would be great if you had these skills:
- Experience managing a geo-dispersed project team
- Experience working in a concurrent software development environment as part of a complex build and merge management process
- Desired PMP certification with accompanying experience managing projects to a successful conclusion
- Technology product development experience is highly desired
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top