Technical Marketing Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you looking for a high-impact, strategic technical marketing leadership role in a dynamic and fast-growing market space? Are you passionate about cloud technologies and the opportunity to communicate the value F5 delivers to help customers achieve their business objectives?
Our team is looking for an expert technical product marketing manager to support our global go-to-market strategy and execution for F5's products and solutions in major public cloud marketplaces such as AWS and Azure.
This is a highly visible role that requires that you have a self-starter personality, move quickly, and love to take ownership to drive impactful results. You will help to define the strategy and produce the main technical deliverables. You are energized by collaborating closely with multiple cross-functional team members to help them thrive and ensure the success of your plans.
We need you to be able to clearly and effectively develop and articulate our value proposition and messaging to customers around the world, from the C-suite to network engineers. You'll also work together with the F5 sales force, cloud partner marketing, and industry analysts to build awareness of F5's thought leadership and solution capabilities, focusing on architectures and capabilities that map to business value.
- As the technical marketing owner, you will help to build the go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning, and go-to-market for F5's public cloud offerings
- Understand customer technical needs, buyer personas, key use cases and desired outcomes, and how they buy, and develop, analyze, and maintain market/competitive intelligence
- Drive new product introductions and launches with impactful strategies, comprehensive plans, and effective and sustained cross-functional execution
- Enable field sales and channel teams with sales tools and technical collateral such as demos, webinars, validated designs, and deployment/installation guides that will expand and accelerate their sales motions
- Define and deliver comprehensive technical messaging and positioning, as well as thought leadership content, that enable the broader digital and field marketing teams to drive demand generation effectively at scale
- Produce technical product and solutions collateral, directly and through external agencies, such as presentations, overviews, reference architectures, website material, articles and blogs, and videos that engage and lead customers through their buying journey
- Educate, persuade, and accelerate F5 adoption through interactions with sales and channel teams, customers, and partners via blogs, webinars, executive meetings, and industry events and conferences
- Represent F5 and build relationships with industry analysts to increase understanding of F5 products and solutions and influencer impact in the marketplace
- Experience and expertise in technical product and/or solution marketing for public cloud technologies and services and/or networking products for enterprise IT customers
- Experience working with major cloud providers, onboarding new product offerings onto provider marketplaces, and driving customer demand through joint marketing activities, demos, and product trials
- Ability to lead and own project initiatives independently and effectively
- Ability to define, champion, and execute on go-to-market plans, produce high-quality technical content such as customer presentations, website material, videos, and blogs - writing samples required
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, with the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams and organizations in a global (and often virtual) work environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including public presentations
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and execution skills
- BS degree with 8 years of work experience; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' experience in technical product and/or solution marketing
- Strong technical, written, and verbal skills a must
- Background and experience in writing and/or public speaking required
- SME in the networking space and L4-L7 technologies required
- SE background highly desirable
- Direct experience working with F5 products or competitive solutions preferred
- Direct experience in public cloud provider marketplaces and technologies preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top