Systems Engineer (Telecommunications) - Singapore
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Located in Singapore.
The Systems Engineer (SE) is a sales and technical role that is part of the technical sales team, which supports sales team and meets customer needs and quota number.
Primarily providing pre-sales support for F5 CSP solutions. This includes communication, presentations, demonstrations, Proof of Concept, and the management of account and/or Partner plans.
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, Proof of Concepts and a trusted advisor behavior
- Provide solution designs, and systems engineering configurations
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5, the CSP industry and Sales aptitude
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate business value of F5 CSP Solutions against competitors
- Design technical solution can create a new customer service or solve customer business problems
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, WP, use cases…) for customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share knowledge with CAT team
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Partners with product development and product management to assist with Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Product Specialist support activities
- Detailed / Expert level on F5 CSP products and solutions
- Evangelize F5 CSP solutions to customers & partners (Deep dive (product / functional) workshops)
- Improve partner's customer-facing engineer skills (selling and technical) through training / enablement
- Own and drive strategic demos and POCs with customers
- Develop deep understanding on how to configure/deploy the latest features on F5's new software releases
- Lead Hands-on Lab Initiative (Run FSE labs) / Demo creation for SEs / POC setup documents
- Develop documentation to assist SEs with POCs
- Competitive demos / POCs creation and documentation
- Help/Lead/Collaborate with Local SME activities; lead POC with partner, lead training for partner, standardize place to share knowledge each other, etc.
- F5 ASEAN Sales/SE enablement
- New Product Introduction > drive SE and partner enablement
- Drive usage of products within customers post sales
- ASEAN product guru. Assist Solution Architect in gathering product-specific requirements for the ASEAN CSP market
- 70% Pre-Sales support for Singapore, 30% Pre-Sales support for ASEAN
Customer support activities
- Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging and positioning F5 value proposition for customer business objectives
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with customer technology staff and management
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during sales, technical, and post-sales activities
- Can deliver sales pitch/whiteboards at CxO level
- Uses actively Salesforce.com for each opportunity and named account
- Partner with sales team to manage customer accounts: Action plan, Technical Account Plan, execution, follow up
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Actively utilize SE tools: CSR, SFDC and others
- Can identify and qualify technical opportunities
- Can Influence Sales strategy
- Can help determine viability of opportunity and map out political structure
Post sales activities
- Understand and follow escalation process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports our local customers
- Multiple language skills are a plus
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience of one or more F5 traffic management products:(e.g. LTM, iRule, iControl, TMSH)
- Advanced knowledge and hands-one experience of all F5 CSP solutions – CGNAT, PEM, TCP Optimization, Gi Firewall, DNS, Message Traffic Management and NFV
- Knowledge of F5 Cloud and Security solutions
- Extensive experience in a hands-on technical role, capable of deploying and managing Proof of Concept equipment in customer networks
- Vast knowledge of Telco networks such as GSM, LTE, CDMA and 3GPP framework.
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with signaling protocols such as SS7, Radius, Diameter, LDAP
- Advanced working knowledge of high-availability architectures, VLANs, Routing (L2/3), TCP/IP, DNS, and common L7 protocol in the service provider environment
- Advanced working knowledge in at least one of scripting languages including bash / python / ruby / js (Java programming or Groovy scripting is an advantage)
- Experience with integrating into Policy Control Resource Functions (PCRF) and Online Charging Systems (OCS) systems with surrounding networks elements including Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) devices
- Experience in using 3rd party testing tools (Traffic generators, DDoS simulators, Web Application testing tools etc) is a plus
- Minimum 10 years' experience in pre-sales / support in the network security space. Prior regional experience is a plus
- Demonstrate strong documentation, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong Powerpoint content creation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct and facilitate technical workshops designed to consult on IT Transformation and influence technical strategy
- Expert in Solution Selling. Ability to explain complex solutions in simple terms
- Demonstrate strong Customer focus achieving customer expectations and requirements
- Strong Account management, with the ability to act as Trusted Advisor
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills. Able to function with minimal supervision
- Industry security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CEH etc) are a plus
- Industry networking certifications (e.g. CCIE/CCNP/CCNA) are a plus
- Consistent contributor at regional or Theater level
- Advanced degree desired
- Service Provider Solution designs
- Solution innovation and accuracy
- Application and Technology Solution designer
- Strong Technology knowledge
- Strong Vertical Market knowledge
- Competition differentiators
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top