Systems Engineer - Sales
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Located in Singapore.
The F5 Systems Engineer (SE) is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction with direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in the assigned territory.
The SE will act as the Trusted Technical Advisor and provide pre-sales technical support to customers and partners - including presentations, white boarding, product demonstrations, technology assessments and in the development of account plans and strategies.
- Provide Technical expertise through sales presentations, white boarding, product demonstrations, technology assessments, and Proof of Concepts as a Trusted Advisor.
- Design differentiated and innovative solutions to articulate business value of the F5 Multi-Cloud Platform against competition and create stickiness with complementary technologies.
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and successes and building lasting relationships within internal and external teams.
- Assist and complement the Sales Representatives to develop, strategize and execute sales and technical account plans for deeper and wider solution selling to solve customer business problems.
- Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 solutions, industry knowledge and sales aptitude. Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Own the customer relationship. Drive resolution of issues in collaboration with Partners and the F5 Support organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working experience with the following:
- Networking Technologies like Routing, Switching, Load Balancing.
- Security Technologies like DDoS, Web Application Protection, Network Firewalling.
- Virtualization and Cloud Technologies like VMware ESX/NSX, Cisco ACI, Openstack, AWS, Azure, Docker.
- Automation and Scripting technologies like F5 iRules, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, JSON, Python.
- Possesses a 'Can-do' and 'All-in' attitude. Self-Motivated to excel beyond one's comfort zone.
- Demonstrates the ability to think outside the box to solve technical problems creatively and innovatively
- Possesses a Collaborative spirit within internal and external teams
- Excellent presentation, technical and business communication capabilities with strong and practical problem-solving skills
- 8+ years related industry experience in the Enterprise Application Delivery / Cloud and Virtualization / Security space.
- 4+ years of pre-sales
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top