Systems Engineer - Sales
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
The Field Systems Engineer is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction. Primarily providing pre-sales technical support for the implementation of products/applications/solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provides complex design and systems engineering configurations
- Partners with product development and product management to assist with Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge of F5 and the relevant industry
- Utilize the F5 Sales Strategy and Solution Messaging to identify solutions for customer business objectives
- Participate in the development and support of presentations for customers and partners
- Clearly articulate technical elements of the F5 value proposition to customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share knowledge with CAT team
- Contribute to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for customers and/or partners
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Actively utilize SE tools: SalesForce.com, Idea, EDGE, Mainstreet and other SE readiness programs
- Partner with sales team to maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts, customer products, strategy and technology needs
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during pre-sales, implementation, and post-sales activities
- Lead strategic (organizational) opportunities
- Well developed SME focus for one technology
- Deliver customized product presentations using an advanced solution-based sales approach
- Proactively provide consultative support
- Create customer documentation for POC
- Understand business requirements involved with technical account strategy
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product Development, and Technical Support organizations
- Solve problems independently and creatively
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Channel support activities include:
- Support F5 channel partner sales initiatives
- Provide channel partners sustainable training on F5 solutions and competitive differentiation
- Provide channel partners technical expertise and oversight as required
- Proactively provide consultative support
- Work in collaboration with Channel and Sales management to establish channel partners and to qualify partner's ability to sell F5 solutions
Post sales activities include:
- Understand and follow escalation process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
- A number of years related experience working with network, security and/or web technologies
- Significvant experience and a number of years pre-sales expertise
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- F5 core product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings required
- In-depth industry knowledge and understanding of F5 technologies, solutions and product offerings strongly preferred
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with MS office suite or Works
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top