Systems Engineer (Government) - Philippines
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Located in Philippines.
The Field Systems Engineer (FSE) is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction. Primarily providing pre-sales technical support for the implementation of products/applications/solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
- Provides complex design and systems engineering configurations
- Partners with product development and product management to assist with Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge of F5 and the relevant industry
- Utilize the F5 Sales Strategy and Solution Messaging to identify solutions for customer business objectives
- Participate in the development and support of presentations for customers and partners
- Clearly articulate technical elements of the F5 value proposition to customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share knowledge with CAT team
- Contribute to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for customers and/or partners
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Actively utilize SE tools: SalesForce.com, Idea, EDGE, Mainstreet and other SE readiness programs
- Partner with sales team to maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts, customer products, strategy and technology needs
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during pre-sales, implementation, and post-sales activities
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Channel support activities includes:
- Support F5 channel partner sales initiatives
- Provide channel partners sustainable training on F5 solutions and competitive differentiation
- Provide channel partners technical expertise and oversight as required
- Work in collaboration with Channel and Sales management to establish channel partners and to qualify partner's ability to sell F5 solutions
Post sales activities include:
- Understand and follow escalation process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports our local customers.
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of F5 core products:(LTM, GTM, iRules)
- High level knowledge of all other F5 products
- Lead strategic (organizational) opportunities
- Well developed SME focus for one technology
- Deliver customized product presentations using an advanced solution-based sales approach
- Proactively provide consultative support
- Create customer documentation for POC
- Understand business requirements involved with technical account strategy
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product Development, and Technical Support organizations
- Solve problems independently and creatively
- Hold all F5 product certifications
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 4+ years of pre-sales
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Essential F5 product knowledge or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
F5 Core Technology Knowledge
- Knowledge of Data Center infrastructure, Virtualization and Cloud computing
- Solution designs
- Application and WAN Acceleration
Data Solutions Knowledge
- Proficient in scripting and rsync (AFS background/ especially with storage subsystem skills and storage vendor-specific knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting NFS and SUN)
- Storage, backups, snapshot and replication technology
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top