Systems Administrator III
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 IT Operations is looking for a System Administrator III primarily focusing on instrumentation, dashboarding, and operational tools. F5 uses a variety of advanced enterprise monitoring and dashboarding systems including SolarWinds and Sumo Logic. The ideal candidate will help define instrumentation and tooling roadmap, complete development, and maintain those systems ensure the health of F5's mission critical Infrastructure and Applications. The Systems Administrator III must have experience administrating either Windows or Linux and have familiarity with the other. Technical breadth is key. This position will also help support OS administration responsibilities such as designing and build of servers to meet application needs, operations support, and service request completion.
- Define and drive instrumentation & dashboarding for F5's infrastructure and applications.
- Meet regularly with application and infrastructure teams to define needs.
- Lead ongoing communications regarding system issues/activities with all stakeholders: department executives and managers, end users, IT staff, vendors, customers, etc.
- Configure and support advanced monitoring tools including infrastructure and application layer monitoring such as SolarWinds, Check_MK, Sumo Logic, Keynote, and others.
- Ensure the use of performance data and historical metrics to effectively plan for growth needs, plan upgrades, migrations, and optimizations, new implementations, identify and resolve efficiency issues, and improve functionality.
- Provide and maintain documentation of systems architecture, troubleshooting and support guidelines, system metrics, project information and plans, and training information.
- Execute day to day maintenance tasks including problem determination and resolution, as well as root-cause analysis. Responsible for responding to live site issues and for executing software, platform, and configuration changes.
- Work with F5 development teams to ensure lower & production environments are being managed. This includes building out new servers, config management, performance monitoring, and code deployments.
- Automating server builds, system configuration settings, and application installs through DevOps processes.
- Serve a 24/7 on-call rotation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience defining technology roadmaps with focus on enterprise instrumentation and tooling.
- Experience presenting technical subjects to all levels of the organization
- Experience with Solarwinds and other monitoring systems
- Experience with Linux or windows based systems
- Experience with AWS public cloud technologies
- Experience with scripting (power shell, perl, python) and automation tools.
- Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP) and server equipment, windows operating systems, infrastructure application (DNS/SMTP/DHCP etc.), storage systems, and IT infrastructure operations.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to potential contributing components, identify root case if possible or gather supporting evidence for escalation
- Strong systems analysis and design skills with broad focus on supporting systems.
- Solid ability to accurately schedule own deliverables
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize work, juggling daily support responsibilities with project/product driven roles and actions to automate/evolve the environment.
- Minimum 6 years as enterprise-level Systems Administrator
- College degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Strong base of operating system and network basics through school (Associate degree), certification, or applicable experience.
- Technical certifications desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top