System Engineer - North (Delhi)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
SE (Systems Engineers) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and part of a sales team. The high level objective is together with a Account Manager achieve the allocated sales target by selling F5's solutions and products to our customers. The SE primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers.
To be able to be effective, a SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the "eco-system" that we work with. These technical skills are a pre-requisite to be effective and should always be enhanced and F5 provides training and certification to develop these skills.
SE should jointly together with the sales rep fully understand and drive the sales process. It should include identifying the Technical Decision Maker (TDM) and getting technical Validation, Support, and Sponsorship from the TDM.
The aim for a F5 SE is to establish a relationship so he/she become the trusted advisor. SE should always proactively learn and fully understand the technical and business solutions that his/her customer have implemented to be able to understand the customer "pain points" and both the business and technical challenges, or the gain by implementing a F5 solution. Once identified, SE should come up with a F5 solution that will mitigate the pain or provide customer gain by providing more value and/or a more cost effective solution. SE should present both technical and business benefits and not just technical features in a Technical Value Proposition. Finally that solution should be jointly worked on in the sales team so the sales rep can create a true commercial Value Prop and present to the customer.
- Provide Technical expertise through sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, Proof of Concepts as a trusted advisor.
- Provide solution designs, and systems engineering configurations
- Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5,the relevant industry and Sales aptitude
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate business value of F5 Solutions against competitors.
- Design technical solution can create a new customer service or solve customer business problems
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, VP's, use cases...) for customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share knowledge
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- For the sales team own and assist on Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases
- Uphold F5's Business Code of Ethics; promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Customer support activities includes:
- Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging and positioning F5 value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with customer technology staff and management.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during sales, technical, and post-sales activities
- Can deliver sales pitch/whiteboards at CxO level.
- Uses actively Salesforce.com for each opportunity and named account
- Partner with sales team to manage Technical Account Plan
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Actively utilize SE tools: CSR, Idea, Hive, Radar, and other
- Can identify and qualify technical opportunities.
- Can Influences Sales strategy.
- Can help determine viability of opportunity and map out political structure.
Post sales activities include:
- Understand and follow escalation process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
- Always keep a "Customer first" mentality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 80% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Base understanding with F5 Solutions and technology
- Support the sales team in determining customer requirements
- Work in a sales team and be responsible for tactical/ project-based opportunities
- Assist sales team to test, troubleshoot, and implement customer POC
- Responsible for Design, implement, test, and troubleshoot POC
- AWS infrastructure
- Azure infrastructure
- Openstack LbaaS deployment
- Kubernetes & Mesos deployment
- Software Defined Network concepts - eg. Cisco ACI, NSX or Openstack Neutron
- Be able to write and modify simple iRules
- DevOps tools usage for demonstration (Github, POSTMAN, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Basic iControl REST API Demonstration
- Web Application Security, Vulnerabilities and Threats
- Denial of Service threats, trends.
- Information security processes and practices
- DevOps knowledge
- Cloud computing concept
- Cloud Computing Trends
- Container concept and architecture
- Linux knowledge
- Maintain SalesForce.com data accurately and timely
- Develop relationships with middle managers and decision makers at customers
- Manage assignments through to completion
- Work with general guidance as well as in teams
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 4+ years of pre-sales
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Advanced Account Management Skills
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top