System Administrator - Storage
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, reciprocal and team oriented, creative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, credible and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
F5 IT Operations is looking for a Systems Administrator III primarily focusing in on storage (SAN/NAS) administration. F5 uses a variety of enterprise storage systems including EMC and NetApp and is looking for you to help architect, document, support, and maintain F5's high-demand storage systems and associated software. The Systems Administrator III will also help support a variety of other IT systems such as VMware, Linux or Windows, email, and other IT infrastructure related technologies.
- Design, implement, and support F5s storage technology including EMC - VMAX, VNX, Unity & Isilon, Netapp Filers, and Netapp media backup systems.
- Provide IT Operational support by resolving incidents, requests, and problems associated with various IT systems.
- Provide experienced comprehensive administration of assigned systems, including product evaluation, selection, installation, integration, user support, problem resolution, & ongoing maintenance of hardware, operating systems, networking, and application software.
- Take technical/lead on large/complex systems and infrastructure projects.
- Lead project teams to develop, document, and analyze business & technical requirements; conduct alternatives analyses; prepare project specifications, plans & schedules; communicate with partners; coordinate approvals & necessary resources; and deliver fully validated and tested results on-time, within budgeted costs.
- Lead, develop, and implement forward-looking strategies for satisfying worldwide business needs and maintaining technical currency with assigned systems.
- Establish & Maintain up-to-date configuration and recovery documentation for assigned systems.
- Lead ongoing communications regarding system issues/activities with all partners: department executives and managers, end users, IT staff, vendors, customers, etc.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities of junior team members are adhered to, mentor and act as a role model.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent hands-on familiarity with SAN and NAS technology (ideally EMC and Netapp).
- Excellent hands-on familiarity with Servers (Cisco UCS, Dell, Nutanix) and Commvault data protection / back-up experience.
- Hands-on experience with VMWare administration (VCenter & ESX) and general Wintel experience is desired.
- Excellent level ability to effectively prioritize work, juggling daily support responsibilities with project/product driven roles and actions to automate/evolve the environment.
- Guide Problem Analysis and Solving Skills: authoritative ability to solve a complex issue down to potential giving components, identify root case if possible or gather supporting evidence for critical issue
- Authoritative ability to incorporate daily sustaining roles with progress on strategic improvements, issues, deciding what requires the greatest immediate attention, and coordinating actions to layer focus to achieve the greatest efficiency.
- Authoritative ability to work with customers or customer representatives such as Customer Service and Product Management to understand requirements and translate them into efficient system designs and operational support structures.
- Scripting and automation experience
- Authoritative level of at least one OS, In depth knowledge in IT infrastructure
- Authoritative ability to develop scripts and other tools for automations (one procedural or scripting language)
- Advanced systems analysis and design skills with broad focus on supporting systems.
- Proficient familiarity with IT governance methodologies (ITIL, COBIT, MOF, etc.)
- Minimum 4 years as enterprise-level Systems Administrator
- College degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Strong base of operating system and network basics through school (Associate degree), certification, or applicable experience.
- Technical certifications desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top