Sustaining Engineering - III
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world.
NGINX, now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, technology products we are known for worldwide? If so, we'd love to hear from you! The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for expert Software Engineers to join us in Cork, Ireland, or Warsaw, Poland. On our team, you will play a major role in the design, development, modification, and execution of software development and deployment of our NGINX's control plane applications. These products make it easy for customers to improve consistent delivery of superlative solutions.
The Rapid Development Team (RDT) is the customer facing side of F5 NGINX Product Development and has the charter to keep our existing clientele happy. The RDT accomplishes this by diagnosing and resolving the hardest customer issues using a dedicated group of elite software engineers who thrive on the hunt. Successful RDT developers solve difficult, unique problems, can multi-task efficiently, communicate calmly, and enjoy playing the hero.
The RDT has a unique vantage point within F5 NGINX Product Development. Our Software Engineers understand the product in its entirety - not only how the features work but how they work together. This makes RDT engineers highly valued at F5. Some of the best engineers at F5 work for or have worked for RDT.
This position is responsible for the identification, evaluation, and solution of complex software issues. Must also be able to design, develop, and maintain high-quality code for product components. Perform as an individual contributor and collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. Requires little direct management to complete most development tasks.
- Evaluate and solve difficult software failures
- Improve the existing functionality
- Serve as source of technical expertise to a project team
- Work cross functionally integrating, testing and debugging issues with existing system wide software
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
- Build tools and infrastructure to improve F5's components and features
- May participate in hiring and onboarding process
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Superlative analytical as well as trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience in software design, and development
- Experience programming in Linux networking and OS internals
- Experience developing in cloud environments (both public and private, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or VMware vSphere).
- Strong knowledge and experience with container and orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with web technologies (e.g., HTTP, REST APIs and JSON) and source code version control tool such as Git.
- Experience with DBMS technologies, like PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Good understanding of network, security and web technologies such as TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, L4-L7, DNS, SSL, tunneling, SIP, Diameter and such
- Detailed understanding of computer networking.
- Dynamic collaborators who thrive in diverse, geographically distributed teams.
- Able to demonstrate teamwork abilities which include diplomacy, promotion of sound ideas & concepts, paired with the desire to help others grow their skills.
- Successfully manage ambiguity in work
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Bachelor's or advanced degree; and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in relevant roles
- Outstanding coding abilities with languages such as Go, Python, C++
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top