Sr Technical Support Specialist
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team-oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, honest and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mentality.
This unique opportunity is ideal for a motivated technologist with a broad skillset to deliver technical solutions to enable our workforce in a fast-paced environment. You will seek out problems, repair relationships, and document technical interactions related to Windows 10, macOS clients, and our infrastructure systems. To help deliver these services, we are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer with a deep knowledge of modern end-user computing solutions including mobile technologies. In this hybrid role, you will also develop system administration skills to support the server and network infrastructure for the company. You will be empowered to own and deliver technologies that enable our business users to be agile and flexible in terms of the way they work.
- Evaluate and recommend new technology as it relates to the end-user.
- Provide IT Operational support by resolving incidents, requests, and problems associated with various IT systems.
- Understanding user workflows and how to navigate within F5 systems, look for improvements for users
- Lead and mentor the end-users engineering and service desk teams by supporting projects, tools and daily tasks, working across teams to unblock work if needed.
- Research and implement industry-leading standards, tools, and methodologies for end users.
- Build and maintain end-user frameworks and End User Engineering testing frameworks with automation goals to improve end-user and EUS efficiency
- Communicate current, desired and future end-user experiences, allowing for the user, department, or organization feedback if applicable
- Collaborate with other Core Services teams to address sophisticated issues.
- Lead work output for the team including quality control and documentation
- Participate with technical leads across the company on complex projects
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable scripting and provisioning skills
- Administrator-level knowledge of client management systems: Configuration Manager, JAMF, and Microsoft Intune.
- Advanced understanding and promotion of end-user technology standards for hardware, OS, core applications, and peripherals.
- Advanced troubleshooting capabilities of Windows 10 and macOS clients.
- Professional-level knowledge on at least one EMM/MDM platform. Demonstrates a broad understanding of design and configuration standard methodologies.
- Solid understanding of directory services (LDAP, AAD, AD) and M365 stack.
- Working hands-on familiarity with networking (TCP/IP) and server equipment, operating systems (Windows 2008/2012/Linux), infrastructure application (DNS/SMTP/DHCP, etc.), storage systems, and IT infrastructure operations.
- Proactively automate, streamline and simplify engineering processes and routine tasks.
- Operates under minimal direction.
- Good Problem Analysis and Solving Skills: ability to fix a complex issue down to potential contributing components, identify root cause if possible or collect supporting evidence for customer concern.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or related field OR equivalent work experience in a technical field related to Information Technology that demonstrates technical proficiency
- Have 3-5 Minimum of 8 years as a Desktop Support Analyst or similar job responsibilities
- Show us 5+ years of strong customer service experience
- CompTIA (or similar) certifications are preferred such as A+, Security+, and Network+
- JAMF certifications are preferred such as JAMF 100 or greater
- Microsoft certifications are preferred such as M365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or greater
- KCS Practices or Trainer certifications are preferred
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Work hours are scheduled shifts and you will need to be open to working shifts which may include weekends and holidays.
- The job may be performed on-site in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top