Sr Solutions Engineer- Shape
- Staines, United Kingdom
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About the Company:
F5 technologies are at the heart of modern applications that are enabling digital transformation across the globe. We give the world's largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to securely deliver every app, anywhere—with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don't check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The SE Job Overview:
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and is part of the sales organization. The SE's primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers. To be effective, an SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the "eco-system" that we work in. Fear not, we do provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The high-level objective is to achieve the allocated sales target and selling relevant F5 solutions and products to our customers business needs, in partnership with the Sales Account Manager. From our customer(s) perspective, the SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands their technical and business challenges and is able to propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns/offer gainful solutions. The F5 SE not only presents the technical features but also business benefits in the Technical Value Proposition.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Present the Shape platform and articulate the value Shape proposition, strategy and positioning to prospective clients.
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts by various mediums - in-person/virtual presentations, white boards, etc.
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out organizational structure.
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Manager, by identifying the Technical Decision Maker and getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices, updates, offer and seek expertise as the need arises in various opportunities.
- Stay up to date on developments within web security and online fraud, understanding customer use cases and wider industry-level developments.
How you'll do it:
- Experience in working with the HTTP protocol.
- Experience in Layer-7 web application delivery systems: load balancers, reverse proxies, application delivery controllers, content delivery networking, and large-scale web application architectures.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting web security solutions.
- Knowledge of web automation tooling (such as headless browsers) a plus.
What you'll bring:
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years related industry experience.
- Advanced security solution knowledge and relevant experience in key competitor offerings preferred.
- Expert communication, presentation and account management skills.
- Relevant certifications a plus.
- Prior mentorship experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience in leading initiatives.
What you'll get:
- This role reports to the EMEA Solutions Engineering Manager and is primarily based out of London with flexibility to work remotely as well.
- While we encourage remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role could require travel up to 30% of the time and working across time zones.
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks.
- Tuition assistance for professional development.
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top