At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 is looking for a Sr Software Engineer for Security Architecture and Isolation on F5's multi-tenant Edge 2.0 platform responsible for crafting and maintaining clean security architecture, performing in-depth security impact analysis, ensuring isolation and prevent cross-contamination across tenants. This platform provides global, scalable, and secure way to deploy applications to multiple tenants at the same time! In this position, you will be the primary engineer involved in various areas of security architecture and be point-of-contact for all things isolation when it comes to multi-tenancy. Starting to sound exciting?
- Collaborate with software architects, security defenders, Operations, SRE, compliance professionals, and business leaders to understand the logical boundaries of the systems and isolation requirements as imposed by compliance or general business risk mitigation strategies
- We craft, document, and maintain clean security architecture that can protect the platform as well as customers from rogue insiders and/or customers
- We perform in-depth security impact analysis of new features and capabilities
- We craft and perform tests that verify effectiveness of controls that prevent insiders or customers from gaining unauthorized access to the platform and/or other customers' data (confidentiality/Privacy and Integrity)
- We build and supervise honeypots to detect compromised assets
- We participate in defining and executing the Incident Response Plan
- We provide technical leadership on security standard methodologies around separation of duties, software and system isolation, privacy, system integrity, etc.
- We provide compliance team vital support to document processes and controls in place for the security of the platform
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field with 6+ years of experience
- Experienced with SaaS-based Multi-tenant systems
- Hands on experience with one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Golang
- Experience with compliance processes - especially FedRAMP, PCI, and SOC2
- Good understanding of Linux OS security controls, Docker and Kubernetes Security Architecture, microservices
- Experience reviewing software architecture and performing security impact analyses
- Experience with access management on AWS, Google, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, GitHub, GitLab, etc.
- Good understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $159,297.00 - $238,945.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5's differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5's benefits can be found at the following link:https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.