Sr. Software Engineer - SDET
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer...from anywhere. Come work with the F5-as-a-Service (F5aaS) team in an exciting, fast past environment charting the course for F5's future. You'll get to build cloud-native services for all major private and public cloud environments to help protect and accelerate and secure cloud-based applications. Come join a dynamic team using F5 IP, various open-source platforms, public cloud IaaS services, and demonstrating your own skills. Build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for our excellent culture.
We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET). This individual is responsible for the development, modification and execution of processes to maintain software quality.
B.Tech or equivalent, preferred from product companies with cloud experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience in building enterprise large internet scale software
- Experience in Java/GO, Microservices, multithreading, and related tech stack.
- QA Automation using Java/Python/GO, Junit/TestNG, and Selenium Framework or other automation frameworks for automating UI, APIs, Microservices, Database and with unit test automation capabilities.
- Experience with REST, SOAP Services, Microservices, XML and server side programming.
- Unit test automation frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Mockit.
- Experience in automating end-to-end scenarios, multi-browser, multi-cloud scenarios.
- Experience in any of the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) is required.
- Well versed with Database (like understanding/writing complex queries and stored procedures using SQL, T-SQL/PLSQL, etc)
- Good understanding of Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker containers, Microservices based implementations.
- Create/write and review QA Plan and Strategy, QA test cases, end-to-end test scenarios.
- Mentoring QA community
- Developing scripts in automating the day-to-day activities, loading test data, test suites run, etc using Java, or shell or python scripting.
- Performance and Load/scale testing, writing & optimizing the performance test scripts.
- Well versed with different operating systems like Windows, Unix
- Setting up QA infrastructures and environments, etc
- Strong understanding of SOLID
- Ability to understand the existing code, Write code and automate the unit tests.
- Automate UI and API test cases using Selenium Web Driver with Java and APIs and using Junit/TestNG and/or other automation tools.
- Develop and/or enhance automation frameworks.
- Adhere to agile development processes defined and/or recommend improvements.
- Strive towards improving the overall automation coverage of the product in each release.
- Setting up QA environments, troubleshooting, test and report the issues identified.
- Monitor the daily builds, deployments and automation test suite execution.
- Automate or improve the deployment and test suite execution process as appropriate.
- Create or write quality test plans, test strategy, test cases, test execution (functional, regressions, performance, end-to-end, browser testing) either manual or automated test execution.
- Continuous improvement on quality output/deliverables, quality & automation metrics.
- Have understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools/processes (like Jenkins, Gitlab, Scripting, Cloud tools)
- Proactively work towards handling complex issues, scenarios while testing.
- Collaborate well with development and other cross functional teams.
- Mentor junior engineers and QA community
- Participate in organizational activities as deemed.
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to innovate
- Fast learner who can pick up new technologies quickly
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Drive for delivering quality products in a timely manner
- Great team player with an instinct to get the job done
- Experience in testing large internet scale products with large volumes of data.
- Experience using agile development methodologies (such as SCRUM)
- Innovative and Out-of-the-box thinking abilities
- University degree in Computer Science or related technical field
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top