Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX, now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open-source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next-generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, high-quality technology and products NGINX is known for worldwide? If so, we'd love to hear from you. The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for experienced Quality Engineers to join us in Cork, Ireland, or Warsaw, Poland.
On our team, you will have a major hand in development, modification, and execution of software testing and test automation for NGINX's control plane applications. Our control plane products make it easy for customers to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their applications. You will apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience to ensure thequality of our products.
- Quality firstdemeanour, low tolerance to imperfections, and passionate about test automation
- Proficient in architecting, designing, and developing test automationframeworks
- Always on the lookout for improvements andoptimisations. Constantly upgrading skills by exploring new tools and techniques
- Results-oriented and positive team-centric approach with an ability to work with geographically distributedteams
- Proactive and takes initiative. A quick learner and driver for a change
- Possessexcellent critical thinkingand problem-solvingskills
- Good time-management skills and veryorganised. Great interpersonal and communication skills
- You are a champion for product quality within our team and are accountable for an assessment of product readiness and commitments on product deliveryschedules
- Develop high-quality, end-to-end automation tests that match acceptance criteria and userscenarios
- Provide feedback into coding standard methodologies with an emphasis on growing code testability andmaintainability
- Be a key contributor to the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. Perform code reviews for yourteammates
- Help develop and build the test infrastructure with the DevOpsteam
- Work with our Product Management Team to define good acceptance criteria foruserstories
- Perform manual exploratory testing and troubleshooting to help identify difficult to findbugs
- Ensure the monthly releases are validated and ready for our customers, while workingwith a distributed agile team
- Advocate for the best customer experience and participate in resolving customers'issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of software quality methodologies and processes
- Experience with CI/CD and project management tools (e.g., Gitlab, other CI/CD tools, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies (e.g., REST,gRPC, JSON etc.)
- Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g.,Pytest/WebDriverIO/ Cucumber/Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience with public clouds (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems. Good understanding of networking
- Preferable: Experience with container technologies (e.g.Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Bachelor's or advanced degreein software engineering, computer science, or related field;and/or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of proven experience in relevant roles.
This is agreatopportunity to become part of a company that's on the leading edge of transformation.We know that a more diverse F5 is a more powerful F5.If you make thoughtful decisions quickly, obsess over your customers' needs, take ownership of your work (the mistakes as well as the successes), and embrace different perspectives by putting the human first, then we want to talk to you.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.