Sr Software Engineer (iWorkflow)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
External Job Description:
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Are you an engineer that finds your head in the clouds instead of grinding out code in the weeds? Are you looking for a tight-engineering team that dreams big; searching for those shapes in the clouds to make them real, one after another?
Our Cloud and Data Centre Orchestration Technologies Team is looking for you. We move quickly, own the full-lifecycle of our code, and pride ourselves on quality code with a smile. Our code connects data, applications, severs, and datacentres to build one big happy 'mesh'. Come join us and deliver the next generation network service architecture. The sky is sunny - with a few clouds..
This position is for a Senior Engineer with experience integrating web services, orchestration and data centre management products. Engineer will primarily be responsible for designing and developing solutions for public and private clouds. Engineer will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC), web-services, client-server UX, and distributed systems. Additionally, engineer will be responsible for designing and contributing to leading technology and business initiatives at F5.
- Designs, develops and maintains high-quality code for complex product components. Manages assigned products individually.
- Serves as technical lead to detail all aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework: leading code and design review.
- Serves as source of technical expertise to a project team and is a mentor for junior staff members.
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products or new product directions.
- Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Conduct presentations both internally and externally - this includes technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field, Masters preferred.
- Demonstrated professional experience in production software and full product life-cycle.
- Java programming experience in client or server side components
- Practical experience bridging multiple web-services (e.g. REST, SOAP., XML, JSON, etc.)
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
Desired Skills - if you don't have them you will get a chance to master them at F5:
- Experience with Cloud technologies and fabrics - EC2, Openstack, Rackspace, vFabric, vCloud Director.
- Experience with orchestration systems, such as Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies, including VMware, Xen, and/or Hyper-V.
- Experience building and sustaining distributed test automation frameworks (e.g. NUnit, JUnit, Bugzilla/Testopia, etc.)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Scrum, Agile and/or Pair-Programming.
- Networking knowledge - including development experience at L2-Le and L4-L7.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top