Sr. Software Engineer – Firewall Data Plane
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks seeks a passionate, technically brilliant seasoned SW engineer to join a team that executes the vision for the company's next generation Firewall products. The successful candidate will take a significant part in a dynamic team that is focused on building best of breed product. This is a crucial role with growth potential.
- Participate in defining functional requirements.
- Help drive timely execution of implementation, including resolving disagreements and differing schools of thought.
- Work with managers, architects and other lead engineers to come up with appropriate designs and architectures.
- Help resolve key customer issues.
- Mentor Junior engineers and provide technical leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong SW engineering and programming skills in C/C++ and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven record of participating in the development of successful complex products.
- Deep understanding of networking.
- Experience with Network Firewalls
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so.
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Interpersonal skills that foster collaboration between people.
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree;
or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 year experience; or equivalent experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top