Sr Software Engineer - DNS Group
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About the Product
F5's DNS solutions scale and secure your DNS infrastructure during high query volumes and DDoS attacks. Features include a complete, real-time DNSSEC solution that protects against hijacking attacks. F5's Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) technology improves performance and availability of applications by intelligently directing users to the closest or best-performing physical, virtual, or cloud environment.
Our team is at the cutting-edge of DNS technology. We are focused on providing customers with solutions to improve access to applications by securing and accelerating Domain Name resolution. Collaborations with F5's Firewall and Hardware teams produce unique opportunities for cross-team development projects.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer with a breadth and depth experience designing and developing application data management software. The engineer will act as technical lead and primary designer for our next generation features. The engineer will be primarily responsible for designing and developing the software and interfaces of network devices.
- Independently develop new feature and software solutions for the F5 DNS products in areas such as:
- Global Server Load balancing
- Ultra High Performance DNS server and resolver technology.
- Next generation geolocation technology.
- Large deployment manageability
- Provide technical solutions to detail certain aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Perform analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Provide technical guidance to lower level engineers
- Assist Principal Engineers and Management with project scope
- Consistently meet commitments
- Assisting and driving customer solutions
- Participates in hiring and onboarding process
- Conducts presentations internally and externally
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with relevant platform technologies
- Extensive development experience in object oriented programming.
- Strong analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated leadership role within project team.
- Extensive knowledge of product life cycle.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple skill areas.
- 8+ years' experience in the development of computer software in areas relevant to F5 product line
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top