Sr Software Engineer - Cloud
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you passionate about working with smart people on hard problems in an environment that values hard work, integrity and teamwork over individuals and rock stars? Want the excitement and fast pace of an exciting project, and opportunity to work with state of the art microservices architectures and cloud technologies?
Key designer will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of highly complex loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in public and private cloud architecture. Manages assigned projects and work flow of engineers, serves as mentor to junior staff members. Participates on cross-functional design projects, serving as the organizational spokesperson on advanced projects/programs. Assists in the generation and promotion of new theories, concepts, principles and methodologies within a specialty area. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. You will build formal technology proposals and gets appropriate consensus to productize it.
- Technical guide and a leader in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices that integrates with both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Apply architecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Strong focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows
- Optimized internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework
- Analyze criteria and options and bring together necessary data to answer key questions
- Meet with key partners, internal teams and 3rd party partners in joint design and development efforts while being able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & large scale API design and development.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center.
- Experience developing automation for Terraform or infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Good knowledge and extensive experience with a broad set of ADC component technologies.
- Experience crafting complex product technologies and initiatives from concept through release.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others' ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems.
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements.
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years' of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; 6 year experience with a Master's degree; or 3 years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Coding experience in languages such as Java and C/C++
- Golang is a plus
- Professional experience in networking with knowledge of OSI Layer-1 to 7 including LAN switches, routers, general TCP/IP and associated protocols.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top