Sr. Software Engineer (Back End)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Challenge You Get to Accomplish
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer...from anywhere. Come work within the F5-as-a-Service (F5aaS) team in an exciting, fast past environment charting the course for F5's future. You'll get to build cloud-native services for all major private and public cloud environments to help protect and accelerate and secure cloud-based applications. Come and join a dynamic team using F5 IP, various open-source platforms, public cloud IaaS services, and demonstrating your own skills. Build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for our excellent culture.
The Senior Software Engineer Backend Services will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of products and services running in public clouds. This role will have a focus on the backend services used to orchestrate, automate and monitor in any environment.
- Define, collect and interpret product and system requirements
- Build system design documents focusing on workflows and interfaces
- Design and implement software and services for orchestration, automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, and standards
- Provide technical mentorship to lower level engineers
- Participate in the hiring, onboarding, and training process
- Conduct presentations internally and externally
- Consistently meet commitments
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- We are looking for someone who is proficient in C, C++, Java and Go
- Someone who has a deep understanding of cloud architecture and services in the public clouds
- Bring your expertise in virtualization and/or containers
- Experienced with Service providers a plus
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Perl, Bash, Ansible, etc.
- Proficiency in distributed systems and concurrent programming
What You Need to Have
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a Ph.D. with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top