Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Volterra is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our growing Quality Assurance team for UI located in Bangalore. You will collaborate with developers of different services, business stakeholders, and architects to help in making product defects free so that customers get a quality product.
- Perform testing and validation of new and existing features. This includes creation of test strategy and test plans based on feature specs & requirements.
- Develop, maintain and execute regression end to end test cases to ensure BAU shouldn't get compromised
- Ensuring all defects raised are properly tracked, properly labelled and retest them in multiple test environments before the fix goes to production
- Work with the product development engineers to help isolating defects, improve engineering documentation and enhance product quality
- Simulate network traffic using various tools & servers.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience of testing end to end UI / Web based applications.
- Experience in testing data flow traffic dashboards, debugging different data sources to ensuring all data and charts on dashboards / metrics are as intended ; Identify flaws, strong eye for details to catch anomalies and inform stakeholders to get it fixed
- Deep expertise in debugging web pages using browser developer tools.
- Experience working on prior projects with a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Experience working with large-scale, complex console products like google console, aws console
- Enough experience in writing & reviewing comprehensive test scenarios, test plans and end to end test cases.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of networking protocols, HTTP/HTTPS, Proxies TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, FTP etc.
- Good team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills, detail oriented and go-getting attitude
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Willing to work independently in a fast paced startup environment with dynamically changing requirements
- Experience with CI/CD(git, pipeline, jenkins etc.).
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, TS etc.
- Experience with load balancer products such as F5, Envoy, Nginx, HA proxy is desirable
- Experience with Kubernetes container technology
- Experience with Scale, Security and Pen testing.
- Experience with Gitlab Issue management
- Requires a minimum of 6 - 9 years of related experience with a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers or BS/BA equivalents work experience
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours for better collaboration with distributed teams across multiple geos.
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.