Sr Software Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of routine scope. Designs, codes, tests and delivers new/modified functionality on UNIX/Linux platforms under general supervision. Frequently partners with senior technical leaders, and may collaborate with junior level peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Attractions of the Job:
Great challenge for those who like low-level development in C.
Learning invaluable knowledge from other real-time developers.
Gaining experience in security software applications.
The candidate will be involved in building the DP WAF engine (the core of the WAF).
- Implement (code and test) to a defined set of requirements.
- Evaluate performance of products; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Work closely and maintain communication with teams in San Jose, Seattle, and Tel Aviv.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- C/C++ programming skills required
- Expertise in WAF , HTTP (desired)
- Expertise in data-informed and test-driven software development practices (desired)
- Experience in Linux/Unix
- Motivation and self-learning
- Pursues work with energy, passion, drive, and intense customer focus
- A personal commitment to continuous learning and self-development
- Ability to work well on a team, with a positive attitude
- Able to navigate large details product develop relationships, and build personal networks
- Able to communicate ideas, make and influence decisions, and inspire others
- Ability to speak and understand Hebrew is a plus.
- At least 5 years in C/C++
- At least 1 year work with HTTP - advantage
- Advantage – background in Web security
- BSc in Computer Science, MSc – advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top