Sr Software Engineer
- Serilingampalle, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks - MANOVA - India
About the Team
Career opportunity. Expand F5 into India to complete our world-wide reach.
This is an exciting time at F5. With significant opportunity in our core ADC, Security and cloud solution, there is growth and opportunity everywhere. This is a green field opportunity to transform the way applications are delivered to our customers in a secure, fast and reliable way to anyone, anywhere, at any time where it be across data centers or into the Cloud environment. We are looking for new ways to integrate application deployment workflows with the customer ecosystem through 3rd party integration to effectively enable DevOps scenarios for our customers. The ideal candidate is an energetic, hands-on and creative problem solver experienced in modern technologies.
The Management, Orchestration, Visualization and Analytics (ManOVA) team is looking for a technically strong Senior Software Engineer who will contribute in the lifecycle development of MANOVA products and Services. Deep understanding of RDBMS such as PostreSql, Oracle, MS SQLServer with special focus on performance tuning is required. Having a background in Network & Security domain is highly valuable.
- Diagnose performance issues arising from storage layer including inefficient SQLs, cursor strategy, physical and logical data model, DB storage characteristics
- Design, develop and test complex and performant SQLs
- Recommend more efficient DB models
- Work with Middle Tier developers to design and tune DB access layer
- Understanding of Linux to identify and recommend optimization for DB
- Responsible for ensuring non-functional requirements for performance (such as throughput, latency, memory usage, etc.) are met.
- Design, develop and execute overall automated Performance Test Plan to validate Load, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability standards of the application are achieved.
- Keep abreast of new technologies
- Demonstrate technical expertise and be a mentor for junior staff members
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Proactively identify and resolve key technical issues
- Efficiently communicate/collaborate internally at F5 and participate in team building activities
- Conduct presentations internally and externally
- Ability to partner with customers to design solutions for them, empathetically listen and resolve their issues
- 12 years of significant software development and engineering experience in designing, implementing and deploying large scale DB systems
- Expertise with designing Physical and Logical Data Models
- Solid understanding of internals of PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQLServer
- Understanding of CI/CD, Build pipeline, source code versioning systems, containerization and container management platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, git
- Experience with NoSQL designs is a major plus
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so
- Willingness to experiment and switch to a suitable technology without being biased towards technologies of past experience
- Strong engineering and design skills, with solid understanding of real-time high performance, scalable and distributed systems
- Good communication, presentation skills and ability to work well in a development team
- Proven experience working in complex SW development and test efforts in small and fast paced organizations, with an understanding of the trade-offs that must be made to ensure timeliness and quality.
- Strong SW engineering and design skills with an eye for details.
- Architectural skills and ability to deep dive into technical challenges, address performance and stability issues
- Bachelor in computer science or electrical engineering; Masters degreed preferred
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top