Sr Project Manager - Global Services
- Tokyo, Japan
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
- Has advanced level of experience in managing Systems Integration (SI) projects, preferably in the Service Provider space.
- Plans, directs, and ensures successful delivery of large scale projects.
- Has responsibility for building and maintaining relationships between the project teams, internal and external delivery partners.
- Ensures smooth running of all projects teams, maintains excellent communications with F5 PS management, F5 teams, the customer and F5 partners.
- Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing appropriate Professional Services policies and procedures that are efficient, effective and support corporate policies and objectives.
Attractions of the Job:
You are passionate about driving projects to successful completion, about building strong relationships with customers as well as with F5 teams and about SI project management. Your analytical approach to solving problems and your collaboration style are your biggest assets to drive projects to successful delivery.
You see the success of the project team as your success.
Responsibility 80% of time:
- Manages customer-facing projects that are typically high in complexity, length, budget, risks, etc.
- Develops and manages detailed project plans that convey key activities, timelines, and resource requirements necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Develops and manages project budget.
- Advises F5 management regarding the state of the projects, including progress, budget, schedule, quality other project metrics
- Responsible for capturing and driving to resolution project risks and issues.
- Facilitates problem resolution and issue tracking.
- Maintains strong work standards, and promotes productivity, accountability and high morale.
Responsibility 20% of time:
- Actively develops processes and procedures in support of the Project Management activities.
- Works effectively with internal and external teams.
- Develops and maintains resource requirements to support the current and upcoming projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to and lead change.
- Provides ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions.
- Presents information on projects, initiatives or other relevant subjects to peers, teams and upper management.
- Assumes a leadership role in educating the business and technical community on Project and Program management processes and areas of expertise.
Note: The percentages of time noted above are current estimates and may change at any time depending on the business needs of the company.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 8+ years Project Management experience, at least 2 of those in a telco / service provider ennvironement
- Experience managing Systems Integration projects
- Proven track record of managing large scale, customer-facing projects
- Proficient with project management practices and tools
- Proficient in creating complex project schedules in MS Project
- Advanced to expert level organizational, analytical, and execution skills
- Proven ability to manage a variety of business, internal, and vendor resources
- Advanced to Expert level written & verbal communication as well as in presentation skills
- Advanced to Expert level interpersonal skills and collaborative work style; expert in negotiations and conflict management.
- Proven demonstration of initiative and ability to advance projects while managing multiple initiatives
- Dedicated to meeting and delivering on project objectives
- Advanced understanding of the MS Office Tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Advanced understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
PMP, a similar certification or 12+ years of experience in SI Project Management
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel, approximately 20% of the time spent traveling
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends).
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top