Sr Program Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks Security Business owns some of the fastest growing of the company products. As a key driver of F5's future growth, the security business is a key area of strategic interest for F5. You will join the new leadership of the security business unit in driving that growth and expanding our footprint in the security market.
As a Sr Program Manager, you will bring business insight and a functional skill-set to successfully manage a wide range of business domains and high-risk investment initiatives.
He/She is responsible for the development of a project/program plan and for monitoring the execution of the project/program per scope, schedule and budget. He/she will be able to lead multiple simultaneous projects or programs that are complex or high-risk and is able to develop recovery strategies for those that stray from their plan.
The focus of the assigned projects is on optimizing the performance of Product Technology Group (PTG), improving product quality or removing waste from operations. The Senior Program Manager will handle assignments that are "first of type", are high-risk or require managing geo-located teams.
The particular benefit provided by a Senior Program Manager is the reduction of risk through better analysis, decision-making, planning and monitoring of the project or program. A Senior Program Manager is also capable of both leading the project/program and directing the team, when necessary.
- You will design, build and maintain the project plan including scope, schedule, budget and risk management;
- Practice effective project cost accounting to both forecast budget and manage expenditures;
- Lead the gathering of project requirements and scope in a holistic manner across multiple business functions and optimize per schedule and budget constraints;
- Monitor progress to plan and design a recovery strategy if project deviates from baseline plan;
- Craft and publish effective status reports that are able to serve a variety of audiences from project team member to Executive;
- Design and deliver Executive-level presentations to support governance of high-risk projects. Ability to give executive summaries to any level of management is deeply meaningful and important.
- Define and lead effective program meetings to communicate status and coordinate efforts;
- Look for better and more efficient ways to meet partner expectations
- Conduct retrospectives on completed projects to support improvement to process, policy and tools. Skills around building order from chaos and creating/modifying processes where needed is critical to this position.
- Collaborate with peers, managers and team members across the organization to design solutions, develop new processes and coordinate work. Fostering key relationships across the company;
- Design and lead projects to improve the processes, tool-sets and the operations of PTG;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from project team member to Executive;
- Ability to develop a schedule using work-breakdown techniques that lead to a defined critical path;
- Ability to design and document a charter for "first of kind" projects that includes scope, schedule, budget and risk management plan;
- Able to apply project cost-accounting techniques to both forecast project budgets and manage expenditures over the course of the project;
- Able to apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions, build resource forecasts or handle risk;
- Ability to gather project requirements and scope across a multi-function, geo-dispersed team and optimize them against schedule and budget constraints;
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program, to lead and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals.
- Ability to work cross functionally on large, complex challenges and programs with a high level of ambiguity
- Strong working knowledge of technology companies and the interplay between Marketing, Product Development, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Sales and Professional Services;
- Expertise in the use of standard tools for project and portfolio management such as MS Project/MS Project Server;
- Excellent skill at using MS Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Word.
- Bachelor degree with 12+ years' experience (8-10+ years with Master's degree) or equivalent work experience managing projects at technology-based companies or technical domains ;
- Desired Agile methodology exposure/experience.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top