Sr Mgr, Briefing Centers
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The F5 Red Ball is more than an iconic logo. It instills confidence in data center, networking, and IT professionals. We serve an industry that's dynamic, disruptive, and responsive. That glowing red F5 signifies an investment in the industry's most trusted gear, software, services, and security products—and all the people behind it.
At F5, we're a big company with a small-company vibe. We know you need leg room to make a difference. That's why our roles have scope. We give you the room to figure it out and support your colleagues in whatever way necessary. That's why people stay and grow their careers at F5.
The F5 Executive Technology Centers is searching for just the right person to lead our briefing program and our briefing centers in Seattle, San Jose, and London.
Foremost, we're looking for someone with the briefing center experience to up-level our existing model. That means turning a direct staff of coordinators and engineers into a high performing team, glued together by deep trust and a shared belief in the importance of our mission. It also means inspiring a volunteer pool of speakers from across F5 to spend time with customers. Ultimately it means landing the compelling deep-dive technical briefings and performance-test offerings that our customers, partners, and seller expect. Flawlessly and with aplomb.
At the same time, we're looking for someone with the acumen to expand the relevance of our briefing program to the executive level. That means knowing the non-technical, business conversation well enough to drive a new content agenda and develop new executive experiences. Functionally, it means operationalize bright ideas into norms and practices, but quite ambitiously, it means getting Fortune 1,000 leaders to see us differently.
Finally, we want a strategic thinker who will enjoy the challenge of piloting new programs that scale briefing center tactics beyond the walls of our centers. That means being an entrepreneur with a gift for influencing others, resolving conflict, and guiding executive decision-making. And it means a willingness to adopt the scrappy, under-resourced, get-it-done mentality that field folks will recognize and love.
- Assess the capabilities at each center and develop a workforce plan
- Coach, train, and develop staff
- Conducting performance reviews
- Recruit talent and interview candidates for open positions
- Influence and coordinate people and resources outside the centers
- Develop your own career
- Develop a scorecard and assume overall accountability for performance
- Plan and budget for center growth and maintenance
- Maintain and upgrade data center and briefing center equipment
- Create models and standards for customer-facing activity
- Ensure a memorable customer experience
- Build and maintain a briefing center roadmap
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research with customers
- Deliver strong business insights based on data and analysis
- Increase revenue and penetration into targeted accounts
- Incubate pilot programs that yield scale
- Develop an outstanding culture of trust and integrity
- Interact with key F5 executives and decision makers
- Function across sales and marketing and provide guidance where overlaps or gaps exist
- Influence product development based on customer feedback
- Keep it real and have fun
- Uphold F5's Business Code of Ethics
- Think about the far future
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide Thought Leadership
- Ability to work independently on large, time-sensitive projects
- Excellent facilitation, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Expert presentation skills
- Be recognized as a knowledgeable advocate (internally and externally) for F5 and product line
- Deliver strong business insight and thorough of the market and business environment
- Articulate and contribute to the company's distinctive competence and the product's unique advantage
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research with existing customers and potential prospects
- Communicate effectively with senior executives and team members
- Interface with industry thought leaders and strategic partners
- 3+ years briefing center experience
- 8+ years management experience
- 10+ years technology experience
- Proven track record of managing customer-facing programs
- Proven track record of managing technical resources and projects
- Technical sales or marketing background preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- MBA highly desired
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top