Sr Manager, Customer Success
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Customer Success (CS) team is chartered with supporting the success of our customers through product adoption, usage and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate brings a consistent history of leading and managing customer engagement/success teams in a cloud company environment.
Our team serves as a key post-sale resource for customers. Leading this key group of resources is essential in ensuring adoption of our solutions. Our program leader is responsible for driving the established strategy for customer adoption and enablement. They use in-depth knowledge of customer industry and/or business processes, deep knowledge of the product being sold. The leader provides oversight and direction to ensure their team's customers achieve specific business results and maximum value from their product(s).
Additionally, the CS program leader ensures cross functional collaboration, including Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, Product, Finance, Training and/or Support to ensure maximum adoption rates for our customers. They handle escalations and play a key role in identifying new opportunities for driving adoption with our customers with their team.
What will you do?
Management Responsibility: Employee management including but not limited to interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
Cross Functional Alignment: The success of this position will reply on strategic alignment across the company to ensure our offerings and resourcing are effectively influencing F5's product adoption:
- Sales & Account Management: Prioritization of accounts and alignment of growth initiatives to ensure the most effective path to success. Regular communication and engagement including QBR of adoption activity and impact.
- Integrated Marketing: Develop communication and marketing strategies to support adoption through the customer lifecycle.
- Product & Engineering: Contribute to road map development by advocating for the customer based on needs in the field.
- IT / Business Intelligence (BI): You will ensure data integrity and accurate reporting of adoption scores and adoption strategy success metrics.
- Business Development: Coordination and prioritization of account with sales partners
- Develop measurable and repeatable best practices and strategies to encourage product adoption.
- Develop a plan and strategy to prioritize accounts/initiatives the CS team owns, to ensure customer success.
- Ensure team has developed measurable/specific adoption plans with account to drive product adoption for that customer.
- Develop and lead CS dashboard, milestones, and results
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the CS department; expense management, budget changes, approval of transactions, etc. in partnership with CS leadership
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bring these skills with you:
- Critical Thinking: The leader sets the direction and ensures the team drives towards the defined organizational strategy.
- Flexibility: Ability to anticipate change and actively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Influencing skills: Strong coaching and team building experience and skills.
- Leadership/Management: We expect you to possess a proven Track record of leading and building teams of individuals that meet and exceed established goals. Demonstrated ability of attracting and retaining talent and creating a professional culture that motivates employees and drives innovation.
- Relationship Management: Experience working strategic customer engagements, including on-site collaboration, business reviews and executive briefings. Acting with the highest integrity and with a customer first focus.
- Financial/Sales Aptitude: Experience in a field organization with targets and financial goals. Ability to position and prescribe adoption services in the context of key business drivers: Renewal, upsell, customer satisfaction.
What's required of me?
- You will have a BS/BA degree.
- 12+ years of experience in customer success, account management, consultative sales and/or business consulting
- 5+ years of experience working in client facing, people management and leadership role
- Ability to travel periodically nationally and internationally
- A strong team-building and mentorship mindset, and customer support/services background is ideal.
- As is a sense of humor and ability to scale with a fast paced and growing global company.
- A business insight with a strategic ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, other languages are a plus
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top